Monday, May 4, 2015

Playing Outside??

Last Friday, as we settled into another session of Dungeon Purgatory. I noticed that the weather was nice and it was still bright out, and would be for quite a while.

I suggested that we move the game outside, and we migrated.
It didn't work out like I imagined.

A tremendous pack of children was playing in the street and in the front yard of our host's house.
Little kids are creepy and have no sense of boundaries.
Also, a few players just got distracted and were jumping on the trampoline. There was horseplay. I got hit in the head with koosh-balls like twice.

The player who plays a druid literally wandered off into the forest.

I shrugged at this. It looked like I was due to run tonight. but frankly, I wasn't feeling it. So I decided I was alright with this.

but on the party's vague, rambling way to the area where I was to take over, we discovered something about an abandoned house we'd been crashing in.
turns out it had some secret , magically hidden areas. We all decided to make a HQ of it.

Much of the rest of the night was spent quibbling over what to do with our newly adopted property. then game was called.

I got to thinking that we should have used our game time for something more immediate, like fighting some orcs who had a post on a fortified bridge.
Players can make plans about playing house without a DM on hand.
Combat, not so much.

Oh well. next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment